My Life

My Life

Wednesday, October 12, 2011

Pumpkin Butter

I have mentioned how much I love pumpkin. I found this recipe today for pumpkin butter. It seems really easy to make and yummy. I think it would be way good on toast, waffles, pancakes...mmm. I am going to try it this weekend for sure. Here is the recipe:
PUMPKIN BUTTER
Prep time: 10 minutes
Cook time: 30 minutes
Total time: 40 minutes
Yield: 3 cups
Serving Size: 2 table spoons

-1 (28 oz.) can of pumpkin puree. NOT pumpkin pie filling
-3/4 cup apple juice
-2 teaspoons ginger
-2 teaspoons cinnamon
-1 teaspoon nutmeg
-1/2 teaspoon allspice
-pinch of ground cloves
-1 cup brown sugar
-juice from half a lemon

Combine all ingredients, except the lemon juice, in a large saucepan. Bring to a boil, then reduce and simmer, stirring often, for 40-50 minutes. The mixture should be thick enough so that when you run your spoon through it will not close back up. Remove from heat and stir in the lemon juice.

Let it cool to room temperature. Pack into storage containers and refrigerate for up to a month. Pumpkin butter can also be frozen for up to 6 months.

No comments:

Post a Comment