My Life

My Life

Thursday, September 29, 2011

Wedding dress shopping

Last night I took my step-daughter Jess wedding dress shopping. I want to add pictures of how pretty she looked and get your opinions...but I am afraid somehow her fiance will see. So scratch that idea.

We went to this store in the mall called Alyse's Bridal ( I think that was the name) and we had no idea what kind of dresses to look at. Jess had no idea what she wanted. So the nice lady eager to help us (hoping to get a commission on our purchase I am sure) pulled a bunch of dresses all different. We had ivory and white, we had satin, silk, taffeta, lace, we had empire waist, mermaid, princess, drop waist styles...

At first I thought a mermaid dress would not look good on someone with some junk in the trunk. And I am not saying that in a negative way. I love big butts and I cannot lie. I have a big butt and I love it. Jess has the tiniest waist I have ever seen and then she has some curves. SO I WAS WAY WRONG. Jessie tried on this lace mermaid dress and it was like the tailor specifically made it for her. It fit her like a glove. She looked gorgeous! After I got over the shock of seeing my lil' cub in a freaking wedding dress...I was doing alright. But it freaked me out!!!!!!!!!

She tried on about 15 dresses from two different stores and we just kept thinking about number 1. Nothing even came close. I am pretty positive she is going to get married in that dress. She will be the prettiest bride ever.

Now I wanna marry Ryan again and get to be all gorgeous in a new wedding dress. Maybe our 10th anniversary...hmmmmm

1 comment:

  1. It was so fun (: I do love that dress and I'm so glad you were there to pick it out with me!

    ReplyDelete