My Life

My Life

Wednesday, September 28, 2011

I need help



Lately I have felt myself just going into a downward spiral. I fight negativity constantly, I am ALWAYS tired, stressed, and sluggish. I feel like I never have time to do the things I want. It like a never ending cycle...like so.

-Don't sleep well at night (wake up easily, not a deep sleep, can't fall asleep to begin with)...leads to
-Wake up late from hitting snooze 053106464 times leads to
- Not having time for breakfast except for a granola bar leads to
-Being hungry and over eating leads to
-Getting mad at myself for eating like that and feeling even more tired and sluggish
-Leaving work in a haze and dragging myself to the gym when I would rather be at home doing things around the house and making dinner. I am too tired in the morning to go to the gym because of no sleep...leads to
-Coming home from the gym with 321035406434 things to do and in a bad mood
-Barely have time to make dinner, shower, hang with Ryan for an hour, then TRY to fall asleep.

Then do it all over. I never have time for anything. I would go to the gym in the morning, but I never sleep well so I can never get up.

Here are my problems that I need your advice on....help me PLEASE!

A) My dog Molly sheds a ridiculous amount. I have to vacuum once a day at least. She gets fur all over everything. My bed, couch, carpet, kitchen floor, it somehow makes its way onto dressers and night stands...What can I do for this? I swear to God I am going to have a nervous breakdown over this. I am constantly overwhelmed by her fur and it gives me major anxiety. I bought her thinking she was a pure bred Great Pyrenees. She isn't. She is half lab and labs shed like a mother. HELP. HELP. HELP.

B) How do I get a full nights sleep without taking Ambien? I have tried Melatonin and it doesn't do shit.

C) What do you do to stay organized? Have time to eat good meals, work out, clean your house, do laundry, have time for your spouse, work, dogs?

D) What do you do to handle stress? I drink a bottle of wine...I don't think that is the best way or healthiest. It's fun...well at the time. The next morning sucks.

2 comments:

  1. Hi Heather- I came across your blog on chalk and chocolate for your candles. Your blog cracked me up, so I started reading. This post is my life. I have a 15 month old and 2 stepkids. I'm struggling with the monotony of day to day life. My husband and I used to have so much FUN together, now it's just work, cook, maybe get some time to sit out back and talk, sleep, repeat. I know couples with kids go through this all the time, but it SUCKS. I'm lucky that I never stuggle with sleep, I'm a champ sleeper, but if you find out how to stay organized and on top of housework let me know. And I also destress with wine, lots of red wine which leads to....a work day from hell the next day...which leads to me being even more exhausted than usual.

    I love my husband, I just wish I had more time for him and eveyone else and didn't let the day to day shit get in the way.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Mollie! I am glad I made you laugh...I laugh at myself all the time. Part of my craziness I guess. I got a suggestion from a friend to get a calendar and start planning out my days each month. What chores around the house I have to do each day, dinner, groceries, dog stuff. I balanced it all out and so far it's relieving a lot of my stress. And wine. Always wine haha.

    ReplyDelete