My Life

My Life

Thursday, September 8, 2011

Bootcamp bullshit

There is this "company" called Groupon and they post daily deals on their site where you can buy a coupon or "groupon" and get a really good deal on different things. Like once I bought one for $10 and it was for $20 gift card at a bakery that I love. I kind of got screwed with that deal and there was this stupid stipulation where you had to use the whole thing at once. I like their cupcakes and I didn't freaking need $20 in damn cupcakes! Sooo I had to wait for a birthday party and then I used it all for a ton of cupcakes. I was not a happy customer stupid Groupon assholes.

About 2 weeks ago I ran across a deal they were doing for a BOOT CAMP. It was regularly $209 and they were charging $35. My smart side said "Heather don't do it! These people are totally thieving whores!" But my fat jiggly ass said "Heather, I need boot camp! I want to be nice and tight and have people bouncing quarters off of me!" So I listened to my talking butt cheeks.

After they gladly accepted your hard earned money they gave you a long number which is what you needed to reference when you called BCOR FITNESS to reserve your spot in the first session. I called BCOR and it kept going to a voice mail.I called about 10 times and the same thing happened over and over. It rang and rang and then went to a voice mail. FINALLY my friend and I were able to get someone on the other end. This lady answered, took my registration number, and told me the next available start date was 9/6/2011 and then she told me about 5 different times that I could attend. I chose 6 PM. She said the "instructor" wants everyone to be there a little early and they want you to bring a water bottle and a towel.

I was seriously so excited for this boot camp. Did I mention it was a 6 week unlimited boot camp? So, according to the schedule online I could go Monday-Thursday every day at 5 pm if I wanted to. Which I did. I wanted to experience this:
I wanted someone screaming egging me on to do more and saying stuff like "come on you pussy!" I really need that motivation during workouts. I wanted to have my ass completely handed to me.

About two weeks after I bought this once in a lifetime awesome deal scam, I got off work, excitedly went home to change into my gym clothes, and drove to the address I was given for the camp. I noticed right away something was amiss! Amiss I say! It was this tiny tiny gym in a effing mini mall. No grassy area in site. No signs. I was going to get to the bottom of this one way or another. I walked up to the door and pulled on it and it was locked. Some scrawny dude came to the door and I asked him if this was the boot camp. He seemed really confused and unsure of things and he said something to the effect of "yeahhh....sure.... well kind of..." Here is what I found out:
  1. The gym had no idea about this "deal" Groupon thing until about a week ago.
  2. They were honoring the coupons even though they didn't know about it
  3. I highly doubt they were getting compensated for this
  4. There was absolutely no room in that gym to hold a boot camp
  5. I was not getting a free BCor Fitness t-shirt
  6. There was no "friendly drill instructor"
  7. The gym could "schedule a time for us to come in and meet with one of the only two trainers that worked there"
  8. I looked stronger than the trainer
  9. The trainer would just walk us around the gym doing machines and stuff in groups of 4.
  10. I was not the only one who fell for this bull shit and you do not want a bunch of angry women surrounding you
  11. The schedule online was crap. There was no schedule, no boot camp, no drill instructor, no nothing.
I was incredibly mad. No I was livid. Insanely livid. Groupon took my $70 2 weeks ago with the promise of a boot camp and I got nada. (I bought one for me and my sister) I thanked the nice little man for being nice and willing to work with this whole problem but that I just wanted my money back. So I called Groupon the next day and I tried to hold my temper long enough to get my money back and close my account with them. I explained to the girl who answered what happened and she acted like I was exaggerating and that something like that was inconceivable. She said they could refund my money in 5-7 business days. I was like "You fucking take the money out of my account instantly. Then don't provide me with the services that I bought. And keep steal my money for 3 weeks!!??? That is how you do business? You don't check with the companies and make sure it is legit before you offer these so called deals???" She was stupid and really had nothing to say.


I am just warning you before you get royally screwed like I did. I wouldn't trust either of these companies. I will let you know if I actually do get refunded. In the meantime, my friend has sent all of this to the media and she has already received emails back about it. Stay tuned....

7 comments:

  1. BCOR FITNESS SCAM!
    Same here in Tampa FL...I smell scam! I tried to get thru customer service and recorded messages call back later, I still cannot not locate the place on GoogleMaps in Safety Harbor, FL.. I think an investigation needs to made on this company!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Are you serious??? That is ridiculous. Thankfully I got my money back. I hope you can get yours back. They did the same thing. It took me forever to get a hold of someone and all I could do is get my money back.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am having the same issue in Tampa Bay/ noticed that the site has no addresses for these 'locations' and you can't find BCOR on Google Maps like you could a Lifestyles. The map on the BCOR site shows a location I know well and there is another fitness there. After 2 weeks of calling to redeem my Groupon and receiving a message to call later due to high volume of calls the 'customer service' advised me that, in order to assist me better, I should go online for 24-hour support. Online my only options are to buy a 1-month plan for $139 or some nutrition membership. I emailed 'support' and was notified that they will try to answer within 5 (FIVE!) business days. And, on top of that the new schedule that is now there has my UNLIMITED boot camp available only twice a week in the afternoon, although I doubt there is any training as in your experience.

    I better get a cup of cofee and some snacks and get ready to hang on the line while trying to recover my money and hoping my card number will not be used fraudulently in the future by these people.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good luck man. I worked hard and harassed them constantly until I got my money back. I freaked out on Groupon and told them to get rid of all my information. That whole Bcor thing is sooo bogus

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I got a refund! :)
      I told them, in some eloquent words, that I don't appreciate having the services I puchased witheld from me and Groupon holding up my cash that I could take to a respectable business where they value my money and membership. I also informed them that I will be sure to discourage friends and family from using their site because the implied savings turn into a much bigger hassle than worth. 48 hours later, account credited!

      I am glad I found your blog to confirm my suspicions about this scam.

      Delete
    2. Good! What asshats. I won't ever use Groupon again. They are a joke. Freaking sneaky weasels. Too bad you aren't in Utah. There is an awesome bootcamp here that I found

      Delete
    3. I will have to find someone here in Tampa to kick my ass. I just have to decide if I want a hot muscular man to witness my miserable efforts or a butch female to scare me into compliance with her fitness demands... tough choices..

      Delete