My Life

My Life

Friday, June 17, 2011

My two favorite Dads

I usually try to stay off the computer on the weekends. I'd rather spend it with family and my pups. So because Father's Day is on Sunday, I thought I'd write about my two favorite Dads.

First, my wonderful Dad Ray. Sometimes I call him Pops. He calls me Muggs. Well, the full nickname is (are you ready for this?) Muggledeewampywampy hahahahahahaha. He has a nickname for my brothers and sister too. Mine definitely is the funniest and longest. I love my Dad so much. He is seriously the best Dad ever. Here is some info on my Dad:

- He does not think Will Ferrel is funny at all.
- He got a job at the county golf course just for free golf
- He plays the guitar VERY well
- He sings VERY well
- He opened up for George Strait
- Gabriel and my Dad aka Gampa were the best buddies there ever were
- My Dad has always had a beard. Once he shaved it off and my little sister cried and cried
-He went to U of U because BYU wouldn't allow beards. Well that was part of it, but I pretend to forget the rest of the reasons.
- Anything he cooks is amazing...I think he got it from his Mama. My cute Grandma of course
- He works for a major greeting card company and we have an endless supply of party supplies
- I can call and talk to him about anything
- He gives the best hugs
- He is the coolest mini van driver ever
-Don't ask him how the window in his van got shattered
- He taught me the BEST most AMAZING chocolate chip cookie recipe there ever was

My Dad really is the most wonderful person. He has always been there for me. He tried really hard to not let me grow up too fast. It kinda didn't work. He would not let me wear makeup or spaghetti strap shirts. He never ever let boys in my room. Well at 16 I got pregnant with my sweet angel baby Gabriel. My Dad was disappointed as any parent would be. But, he and my Mom both realized that there was no point in getting mad at me because it already happened and they were gonna be grandparents. Turns out they were just as good grandparents as they were parents.

I left my ex not too long after we got married. Me and Gabe moved in with my Dad. He is the best. He helped me so much with Gabe. Gabe and him were best buddies. He would write songs and sing them to Gabe. Silly Gabe songs. Of course he thought they were the best songs ever! I love my Dad. I will always be grateful to have one like him. I know he will always be there for me no matter what. If I had a million dollars to get him like the most coolest radical Father's Day present ever...I totally would. He deserves it. Instead I will get him golf balls and spray paint them gold and tell him they are priceless real gold golf balls.


Onto the other Dad in my life. My husband Ryan. I cannot thank God enough for sending me and Gabriel such a wonderful man. I love him more than I ever thought I could love someone. (except for my Gabe of course). He is a freaking catch! He is funny (like way funny..I dare you not to laugh when you are with him), HOT, hot, hot hot, hot, smart, and kewl. He keeps the house clean, which I am not used to. My ex didn't know what cleaning was derrrrrrrrrrrrr. I laugh even though it frustrates the shit out of me, but if I get myself a glass of water and set it on the counter for a minute..then come back to drink my newly poured water...it will be gone! Vanished! Ryan is like a little sexy clean machine that goes around picking up the house. As soon as I turn my back my damn glass is in the dishwasher. Some fun things about Ryan:

- He has played soccer since he was just a wee little man with no pubies
- He played soccer through college on scholarships no less! And BYU! Can you believe it?
- He and my Dad went on missions almost in the same place
-On said mission he chased a bunch of Mexicans that threw rocks at him then later became friends with them
-If you don't laugh at his jokes, he most certainly will
-He pretty much dedicates his life to kids and soccer
- He is the coolest most talented soccer coach
- He is a high school teacher. He teaches history and is hot like Indiana Jones.
- He loves working out and would make a good living as a trainer if he wanted to
-He hates, no despises olives, cottage cheese, and mushrooms
- He proposed to me by giving me a check yes or no card made with crayons by him and Gabe

I need to call his Mom and thank her like every day for giving birth to and raising such a stud. Seriously from the first time I saw him I was absolutely smitten. I think I might have been drooling. When we started dating although I didn't want to admit it to myself at the time, I knew I would spend my life with him. He and Gabe were instantly buds. Ryan had never really been around or known a severely disabled person before. But he adjusted so fast. Even when we were fighting and "breaking up forever" he would call and want to take Gabe for an afternoon. Gabe's biological Dad (who I don't think deserves the title Dad) was never around. Even when we were married he wasn't interested in the duties of parenthood. Ryan instantly wanted to be there for me and Gabe. After only a month or two of dating he had bought toys and a highchair for Gabe to have at his house. Ryan was at every school activity, doctors appointment, and surgery. He fed Gabe, bathed him, changed his diaper, cleaned him up if he threw up. He would take sick days from work to stay home with Gabe when Gabe was sick. It was easy to fall in love with him. He was and is still the best Dad to Gabe. He will still come home with presents for him. He buys him movies and we'll still play them in his room. Yesterday he came home with a "Mater" truck from Cars for the cemetery to add to his cars collection.

When I first hung out with him I had the privilege of hearing a conversation he had with Jessie who was about 13 at the time. He was so sweet to her and silly. It impressed me so much. Obviously my past was tarnished with how bad a Dad could be. I knew Ryan was a wonderful Dad right then. He spent countless dollars and hours flying and driving to see Jess. He calls her almost every single night since I can remember and they chat even if its only for a few minutes. Jessi still likes to hold his hand and she is a total snuggler. I love that girl like she was my own. She is like a foot taller than me almost though! Ryan loves her so much. When she decided to come to BYU he was so freaking excited. Like a kid at Christmas. She lives so close now and gets to come down on the weekends. Me and Ryan hope she will marry a cute nice guy here and then stay here forever! Ryan would lay down his life for his kids no matter the cost.

I love my Dad and Ryan soooooo incredibly much. Thank you for being in my life!

My Dad and meeee Christmas day

Me being silly and Ryan giving his "blue steel"

No comments:

Post a Comment