My Life

My Life

Wednesday, June 15, 2011

Love this song to pieces

As I have mentioned before...I LOVE the band Mumford & Sons. Their music speaks to my soul. I cannot listen to them with out smiling and dancing. They make my negative attitude about something or about my day go away. One of my favorite songs by them is called Sigh No More. Here are the lyrics:

Serve God, love me and mend
This is not the end
Lived unbruised, we are friends
And I'm sorry
I'm sorry

Sigh no more, no more
One foot in sea, and one on shore
My heart was never pure
And you know me
You know me

But man is a giddy thing
Oh man is a giddy thing
Oh man is a giddy thing
Oh man is a giddy thing

Love will not betray you 
Dismay or enslave you, it will set you free
Be more like the man you were made to be
There is a design, an alignment, a cry
Of my heart to see, 
The beauty of love as it was made to be.


I love this song. The whole song to me means don't take love for granted. Don't waste it. My favorite part is the last verse. "Love will not betray you, dismay or enslave you, it will set you free.." It reminds me of my sweet Gabe. No matter how bad of a day I was having...I came home to his smile. His unconditional love. He never betrayed me or hurt me. His love set me free. He made me happy no matter what. Coming home to his smiling face and having his arms around my neck was the best feeling in the entire world. I am crying as I type this. My heart is overwhelmed with emotion when I think of him. This song makes me happy and makes me wish he was here. I would pick him up and we would turn up the song full blast and dance and twirl in the kitchen.

My dear friends and family, please never ever take love for granted. Don't look past the small stuff. The feeling of your childs fingers wrapped around yours, the smell of their hair, the way they get enjoyment out of just hearing your voice, sitting in a rocking chair singing or reading a book. I treasured my time with Gabriel. I was told by doctors he would never live to adulthood, but I kind of pushed it out of my mind. I spent every day of my life with Gabe soaking up his love and pureness. I will do the same with Ryan. When you have something so precious in your life you have to grab onto it and never let it go.

Kiss your babies and spouse every chance you get. Let your family and friends no how much you love and appreciate them. Never ever be afraid to love. Love is the best thing in the entire world.

I am giving all my friends and family a HUGE hug right now...well in my head. If you feel it, don't worry it's just me!

XOXO

No comments:

Post a Comment