My Life

My Life

Friday, April 15, 2011

Haters beware

I went to dinner with some lovely old friends of mine last night. I don't mean they are old in their years, I meant they are friends I've had for a long time. (Just felt I had to clarify) We had some pretty funny things to talk about. It was sooo much fun and was long overdue.

We got onto the topic of bullying. Specifically bullying someone for being gay. I hate bullying. I hate judgment. It makes me sad. How can you judge someone without knowing them first? How can you hate someone for being a certain race or for being gay? It doesn't define who they are as a person. There are good and bad people all over the world regardless of their race, religion, sexual preference.

It hurts my heart, and angers me at the same time, to hear about kids taking their own lives over bullying. Or people that are so scared to admit that they are gay that they would rather take their own life than get ridiculed for who they are. I cannot stand haters and people so judgmental and closed minded that they would write someone off before even getting to know them.

There is nothing wrong with being gay. I have friends that are gay that I love with all my heart. They are wonderful people. You cannot help who you are and you cannot help who you love. I am all for gay couples being able to marry and adopt. They can love just like straight people can and they can give a wonderful loving family life to a child just like a straight family could.

Before you pass judgment on someone, how about getting to know them first? Would you want someone judging you? I personally have received multiple dirty looks from people for my tattoos. They might not agree with my tattoos, but it doesn't make me a dirty untrustworthy person. If they knew my sleeve was in memory of my beautiful perfect son Gabriel that passed away..do you think they'd still judge? If I told them it was my way of coping with it, and that every time I look at it, I smile...would they still glare at me?

All I am saying is that you should take a second and think about the person you are gonna dislike without even knowing them.

"For in the same way you judge others, you will be judged"
"Let he who is without sin cast the first stone."

No comments:

Post a Comment