My Life

My Life

Tuesday, August 2, 2011

Yummy healthy soup

I got this recipe from my Grammie who said she got it from an article claiming this soup is used a lot for severely obese people. It is supposed to help you lose a significant amount of weight. I believe it considering its all veggies and protein. I make it all the time because it is DELICIOUS!

Base is 2 cans V8 and around 2 cups of water. You can add more or less if you like
1 package of Knorr's or Lipton veggie soup mix/ or some bouillon cubes to taste
6 green onions chopped
2 green peppers chopped
2 cans diced tomatoes
1 head of cabbage ( I usually don't use the whole cabbage) chopped
celery chopped ( I usually do like 3-4 stalks)
Sometimes I add chopped carrots too

Put all of this in a huge pot on stove and have it on medium heat the whole time you are adding stuff. After I add all of the above, I add spices (Johnny's seasoning salt, salt, pepper, garlic powder)

The recipe doesn't call for a meat added. But I do for the protein. You can do ground beef, ground turkey, or chicken pieces. I personally like ground turkey. Add this to the mixture and simmer covered until all veggies are tender. This makes quite a bit! I eat it for lunch and dinner for a week straight.

Have fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment