My Life

My Life

Thursday, August 11, 2011

Pretty sure I was a princess

Maybe I was a princess in a past life? It could have happened! I would have been a beautiful, kind, popular princess...my name would have been something beautiful too like Elena, Aurora, Ariana, Aowin. It definitely wouldn't have been Princess Heather. I would have had the most beautiful gowns and taken baths with rose petals and lavender. And my husband would probably be an egotistical bastard who cheated on me all the time with maids and servant girls. But I would totally not care because I was rich and I had many knights on the side.

Right now I am obsessed with movies and shows that are centered around kingdoms, royalty, knights, castles. All that fun stuffs. I am going to recommend some shows that you NEED to watch. If you don't then you  most definitely were NOT royalty in a past life like I was. Because if you were royalty, then you would watch it and reminisce of those lovely times.

-Game of Thrones: awesome TV show on HBO. "Seven noble families fight for control of the mythical land of Westeros. Political and sexual intrigue is pervasive. The dominant families are the Houses Stark, Lannister, and Baratheon. Robert Baratheon, King of Westeros, asks his old friend Eddard, Lord Stark, to serve as Hand of the King, or highest official. Secretly warned that the previous Hand was assassinated, Eddard accepts in order to investigate further. Meanwhile the Queen's family, the Lannisters, may be hatching a plot to take power. Across the sea, the last members of the previous and deposed ruling family, the Targaryens, are also scheming to regain the throne. The friction between these clans, and with the remaining great Houses Greyjoy, Tully, Arryn, and Tyrell, leads to full-scale war. All while a very ancient evil awakens in the farthest North. Amidst the war and political confusion, a neglected military order of misfits... "

-Camelot: on Starz. "A young, visceral tale of idealism, adventure and romance, the series chronicles
the story of legendary King Arthur.

- The Tudors: on HBO. "This costume drama features England's splendid Renaissance dynasty under King Henry VIII. Beginning in Season 1 when Henry VIII was growing desperate for an heir and growing distant from his first wife, the series moves quickly to the period when Anne Boelyn became his obsession. During this time Cardinal Wolsey rose to become the power behind his throne, ruling ruthlessly and nearly absolutely while Henry (played by Johnathon Rhyes Meyers) for the most part followed the Cardinal's advice, maneuvering through a series of betrayals and plots against him. When Anne Boelyn plays much harder to get than any woman ever has, Henry begins to search for a way out of his marriage to Katherine of Aragon, so that he can make Anne his wife. Needing a divorce, Henry turns to Wolsey, who promises to help him create waves of backlash from the church, as well as the Spanish Habsburg dynasty and its overseas empire"


These are just a few of the shows I have been watching. I love all the costumes the actors are wearing. I love the sexy manly men. I love the action and the romance. And the endless amounts of wine. Do yourself a favor and watch these shows. I believe all of them are on Netflix. I think you can watch Game of Thrones on HBO.com too.

No comments:

Post a Comment