My Life

My Life

Monday, May 16, 2011

My yard Spring 2011

I have been wanting to take pictures of my front yard for awhile now, but the weather in Utah is ridiculous. It can be warm, snow, and rain all in the same day. The other day was pretty perfect so I took the opportunity to take some pictures.


These two are of my front porch...the sun kind of got in the way of my picture taking.

My flower beds with my pansies that never died from last year

Seriously! Canyou believe they didn't die?

My cute front porch after Ryan bought flowers and we potted them

This is where I relax with my coffee and read

The pretty pathway to our backyard

Gabe's cool stone he made at school and Ryans little Gnome

My cute Spring bunny next to my front door. I was going to take him down after Easter, but I can't! He is too cute!
Since I took these pictures I've planted more flowers and some of the others have bloomed and look so pretty. My lilac bush is going crazy. I seriously love the smell of lilacs. I want to plant another one in my back yard.

So after I got done taking pictures of my front yard, I decided to take some of our pretty cool view. There isn't a house in front of our house. Just a park :)


I love going out and sitting on my front porch and being able to see the mountains. So pretty. Here is what I was greeted with when I went inside the house.

Cute little Molly

My adorable puppies Molly and Crockett

I love my puppies so much. I am so grateful Ryan bought them for me. They are the most loving, gentle, fun, wonderful dogs ever! They are my babies!

 I like to decorate my house. Sometimes I go overboard and buy buy buy. Especially during Christmas. Well, to avoid having to buy a decoration for every single holiday or season...I decided to make something. I went to Michaels and bought the heart shaped twig wreath. Then I picked out a cute ribbon to hang it on my door and also a cute bow that would work for St. Patrick's Day and Easter. I fastened the bow on the wreath with some wire and hung it by the ribbon. Wa-la! Now when I need to change it, I can just get some new ribbon and make a bow to hang on it. It's simple and cute and cheap. I think Ryan liked the cheap part.





I finally remembered to upload the pictures from my camera so I could do a post about what I've been up to. I am like the most forgetful person ever. EVER. I have to tell you about my Mothers Day. That day is really hard for me obviously. And my family always steps in and tries to make a sad day happy. Ryan gave me a beautiful card, some money to finish my Gabe sleeve, and s cute silly Snoopy card from Gabe. That morning I was laying in bed drinking my coffee and we hear a loud and fast knock at the door. Ryan goes to the door and says "Heather put on some pants and come to the door!" hahaha. So I did what I was told. Sitting at the door was a cute little vase with flowers, a card, and a dump truck. I instantly got a smile on my face and got teary eyed because I knew right away it was from Gabe. I opened the card and it had a cute little bee on it. Gabe even signed it :) His backwards E and smily face gave it away. I knew it was either my sister, brothers, or Mom. They knew exactly how Gabe signed his name.
I called my brother Cody and he was chill as a cucumber and said he was at his girlfriends. I totally believed him. So then I called my sister Shelby. And she didn't answer. I was like "hmmmmm...interesting. Very interesting." I called my Dad and asked him where Shelby was. He said she wasn't home and she had left her phone there. Well that was a dead giveaway. Shelby is 17. She never leaves her precious phone at home. I knew it was her!!!! BUSTED! When she called me back I asked her and she was lying through her teeth haha. I told her to put it on Gabe and of course she couldn't. BUT guess who else doorbell ditched me? Cody! He and Shelby were an cahoots! They were on the side of my house giggling the whole time. It was such a cute and thoughtful gift. They said Gabe told them to do it and play a trick on me. And that does sound like something my silly little baby would do.
 The night before me and my sister got to work on my Mom and Grammies Mothers Day gift. We were going to be VERY creative and awesome. We went to Wally World and got our supplies. We are great story tellers and love candy...so this was the result.
I will tell you what it says since it's kinda hard to read. "Once upon a time there were two LEMONHEADS. And they came across a SOURPATCH and contracted a WHATCHAMACALLIT. Some LIFESAVERS HEATH-er and Shelby told them they had to take giant WHOPPERS (poops) in order to survive. Grammie and Mommy let out lots of SNICKERS and that's when they told us they had to take us to New YORK. When we got there they told us we were on a time CRUNCH and we need to locate the THINGAMAJIG. On the way a paparazzi stopped them on 5TH AVENUE to take pics of Moms MOUNDS. We ran away because he was just looking to SKOR. The end. hahaha if you say you have heard better stories then you are a LIAR and you better take off your pants because they are on fire!!!

1 comment:

  1. I love your yard! So cute. Makes me miss my yard in Utah with all the flowers. :(

    Your Mothers Day sounds like it was extra special and sweet.

    ReplyDelete