My Life

My Life

Friday, May 13, 2011

Kickboxing aftermath

As you know...I took a kickboxing class last night. I thought I knew what I was getting into because I had done them at Gold's Gym a few times. I was soooo off it wasn't even funny. First of all we got to punch and kick these things:
We partnered up and used these bad boys and it was seriously AWESOME!!! Gold's doesn't have these. We had to hit air. Landing your fist into something feels so much better and rewarding. I pictured it was my ex and his Mom's face that I was punching and kicking. I was hitting it so hard I split open my knuckle. I need gloves next time for sure. I thought that lifting weights was a good stress reliever. Boy was I wrong. This is 3434034646 times more fun and great for stress and my anger issues!

I haven't been that out of breath and red faced from a workout in so long. I don't even remember the last time I felt like that. I wanted to give up so many times, but I just kept going. I wanted to prove to myself I could make it through the hour class. It was really worth it. I felt so good after wards. Like I could accomplish anything. I am going to go every single week now. The instructor was way nice too. She looked AMAZING and has had 5 kids. If she can look that good then so can I!

She had us do jabs, uppercuts, back hands, kicking to the front, side, and back. We jumped rope, did jumping jacks, ran laps, did abs. It was a killer workout. I just know it's going to get me in great shape. I can't wait for next week. I need to get myself some gloves so I don't jack up my hands.

I have done two aerobics classes this week. One was called Fitness 360 and it was like a full body workout with weights and cardio. Then last night was the kickboxing class. I may do a Zumba class or Bootcamp class on Saturday if I can wake my lazy ass up. But just in the last 2 days I have lost 3 pounds.

Here's to getting healthy!!!!!

1 comment:

  1. I am so jealous! I want to do a class like that but I have a freaking Gold's pass. Bleh! Way to go! I need to figure something out to make me lose some LBs

    ReplyDelete