My Life

My Life

Thursday, May 12, 2011

I am a fat lard

As some of you may know...I have gained some weight the past few years. I used to be in the BEST shape. When Ryan and I started dating I was toned, muscular, and tiny. About 110 lbs. I was in a size ONE! A SIZE ONE!!!!! Well not anymore. I kinda got burned out with the whole gym routine and just quit going. I am not going to tell you what size I am now or how much I weigh. You could possibly barf.

A new rec center opened up by my house so me and Ryan got a year pass there. My little sister Shelby comes with me too. She's my workout buddy :)

Getting ready to work out!
I just started working out the way that I used to. Which is weight lifting 3-4 days a week and sometimes cardio. Obviously I knew I needed more cardio, but I loathe it. Shelby and I started getting pretty strong! When we started, she couldn't even curl a 5 pound dumbell haha. We started doing lots of ab workouts too. I was doing cardio about 30 minutes 3 days a week and even that was hard for me. It hurts my boobs and I would rather be doing a gazillion other things than cardio shmardio.

We have been working out like that for about 2 1/2 months. I have been getting way strong and have been loving those results BUT I haven't lost a single pound. I couldn't understand how I am still the same weight as I started. I used to work out like this all the time and I looked pretty freaking good. Soooooooooo I asked my very knowledgeable husband about what he thought. He said because I am older now my metabolism has probably gone down and I can't get away with that workout anymore. He said I was training like a power lifter. Which any power lifter I know is VERY strong, but isn't toned or thin really. I don't want to look like a power lifter regardless of how strong I am. Exhibit A:

I bet these men are stronger than anyone you know, but they look out of shape and fat
I don't want to look like this. I just LOVE lifting weights and feeling that triumph when I can put more weight and more and more. It's a huge stress reliever. Ryan suggested I start doing the aerobics classes. They are usually an hour long and most of the women in there look really fit. So me and Shelby decided to do a "Fitness 360" class last night. HOLY FREAKING SHIT BALLS. It was much much much harder than I thought it would be. I knew I was strong...but endurance was not my friend. My heart was racing the entire time and I was sweating a lot. I knew I was getting an awesome workout. It was full body. I am so excited to try this new adventure. I think I will be looking like I used to in no time! Me and Shelby are doing the kickboxing class tonight. I can't wait. I used to go to a kickboxing class at Gold's Gym and I loved it. What a fun way to workout! Besides...I pictured I was punching my ex husbands face and kicking in his stupid fat Mom's. It was a good anger management class.


Just to prove I am not lying about being in really good shape. Here is proof. Wish me luck on my quest!


This isn't the best quality. Its a picture of a picture from a modeling thing I did for a motorcycle racing company





    

1 comment:

  1. I feel ya! I just started training too...and it sucks ass!

    ReplyDelete