My Life

My Life

Thursday, July 14, 2011

Jasmine

 I have a cat named Jasmine. She is the funniest and most loving cat ever. She is also the most retarded and loud cat ever. She loves sitting in random things. If there is an open drawer, a box, a laundry basket, the sink...she will sit in it. She also will climb into an open cabinet, fridge, dryer, or dishwasher. I freak out sometimes when we can't find her because she gets into the most random places. She was meowing like crazy once when she was like 4 months old and I found her in the fridge. Ryan started the dryer and heard her hissing and meowing...turns out she was in there.





 I bought Jasmine right after me and Ryan got married in 2008. I just decided one day I wanted a cat. Me, Gabe, and my Grammie went to the Humane Society and I looked at lots and lots of kittens and just couldn't decide. My Grammie pointed out this TINY TINY calico. The tag said she was 2 months old...but she was seriously small. She was so stinking cute. So me and Gabe took her home. Ryan came home to me sitting on the kitchen floor and I said "Look what I bought!". Luckily he is a cat person and loved her right away. Instantly she was in love with Gabe. She was always sitting on his lap whether it was in his highchair or in his bed.
Let me tell you a little story about them. One day Gabe and Jasmine were watching cartoons in his room and all of the sudden Ryan heard Jasmine hiss then Gabe scream. Ryan went running in there and Jasmine went tearing out of the room. Gabe had a little bite on his nose. See, Gabe loved stuffed animals. He ALWAYS had one in the crook of his arm. He would chew on it and suck on it until it was all nice and drooly and I would have to put it in the wash. Apparently he thought Jasmine was a good thing to chew on and so he bit her and then she bit him. But then they made up and were good friends again.

Jasmine I think was normal at first, but she is always running into things or falling off of things and I think it made her slightly retarded. When we lived in our condo we had containers under the bed for some of Ryan's clothes. There was a bed skirt so you couldn't see them. I can't even tell you how many times she would go running full speed into our room and under the bed and smack right into them. She lays on the counter and rolls off. She NEVER lands on her feet.


One time I was taking a nice, hot, relaxing bubble bath. Candles and relaxing music too. I hear Ryan in the other bathroom scream "What the fuck?" and he comes running in the bathroom butt ass naked holding Jasmine by the scruff of her neck. He starts putting her in the bathtub. I was like "What the hell are you doing?" He said "She's covered in pee!''. Ummmm hello? Don't put her in the tub I am in for freaks sake!!!! So I jumped out of the bath and he proceeded to dunk her in the water to get the pee off of her. Okay so basically what happened is he got home from soccer and got butt ass naked to pee (naturally!) I guess he was gonna shower too. Well as he was peeing Jasmine ran as fast as she could towards him, jumped through his stream of pee, hit the other side of the toilet and bounced back into the toilet getting peed all over.

She is very special indeed. But I love her stinking guts. She is so fun and cuddly. And she loves Crockett. Normally cats are selfish and lazy. She is definitely one of a kind. I love her even more knowing the bond her and Gabe had.

I am definitely glad my Grammie found her for me :)


No comments:

Post a Comment