My Life

My Life

Thursday, December 22, 2011

Tire blow outs BLOW

This morning was like every morning. Driving to work half asleep and listening to X96 Radio From Hell. I love Carey, Bill, and Gina. All of the sudden I hear a pop and my car starts violently shaking. I freaked the fuck out and started crying like a little whiny baby. I pulled over as best as I could and sat and cried. I called my husband and he was teaching his high school class so I called my brother Kason. He of course was so nice and said "its ok...don't cry" and he said he'd be right there to help me. Thank God for family. I sort of know how to change a tire, but I am not that strong...especially to get off those lug nuts AND I don't know where to put the car lifter thingy. (did that sound way car smart?) So after I got off the phone I just waited on the side of I-15 trying to calm down and stuff.

I was surprised that after 15 minutes from when I pulled over and put on my hazards...not one person stopped to see if I was ok and to try to offer some help. Then a way nice Incident Management dude (from the highway patrol I think) pulled up in a huge truck and said he could help me. So I called my brother and said I was saved! And that he could just go back home. I owe him a big hug though. And so the nice truck guy helped me. He had a huge thick white mustache like Sam Elliot. After I was done I gave him a huge hug and told him thank you.

Here is the damage:

No comments:

Post a Comment