My Life

My Life

Tuesday, September 18, 2012

Beauty & the Beast is fucked up

For a present this year I received the Beauty & the Beast soundtrack. My son Gabriel LOVED this movie. I can't even count how many times he watched it. I also love this movie. BUT as I have been listening to the soundtrack over and over...I realized some pretty disturbing shit.

Ok so you know how the Beast answered the door before he was the Beast and it was a "beautiful enchantress" disguised as an old ugly beggar woman? And she asked him for shelter and he turned her away..so then she turned him into the Beast and cursed everyone in the castle as well?

The rose was going to bloom until his "21st year" then by that time if he couldn't love someone and earn her love in return..he and everyone in the castle would be cursed forever. 

WELL.....

In the song "Be Our Guest" Lumierre says "10 years we've been rusting, needing so much more than dusting"

THINK ABOUT THIS SHIT...

If he was 21 when he and Belle fell in love and he has been that way for 10 fucking years...that means he was ELEVEN when he was turned into the Beast.

There are so many things wrong about this..I can't wrap my head around it.

1) Why in the hell is a "prince" answering the door to the castle? Don't they have a butler or servant for that? 

2) Why did the Enchantress come there in the first place? Just to fuck with the rich people there? If she was an enchantress and had the power to curse an entire castle for 10 years..I think she could conjure up a tent and a fire at least.

3) WHERE IN THE HELL ARE THIS KIDS PARENTS? They didn't get cursed and it never mentions them.

4) Why in God's name would this evil psycho PMSing bitch of a witch pick on a little 11 year old kid and turn him into a beast? HE WAS 11 for crying out loud! All 11 year olds are assholes. Especially to ugly people.

5) Why did this stupid crazy whore Enchantress think she needed to teach the prince a lesson? Shouldn't that be his parents job?

6) These writers are idiots. It makes no sense. Obviously a little kid wouldn't catch on to this fucked up story line, but I am sure I am not the only adult that likes this movie. 

Please tell me I am not a crazy person for getting all worked up over a Disney movie. 


No comments:

Post a Comment